TOP TIPS ON BUYING A MOTORHOME
- Every motorhome has compromises, so make a list of must-haves, diminishing in order of importance.
- Know the size of your home parking space. Keeping the ‘van at home is great as it allows easy, spur-of-the-moment trips.
- Visit as many shows as possible as you can see 100s of motorhomes in one place.
- Talk to motorhomers. They’re mostly friendly, enthusiastic and happy to give advice.
- When inspecting ‘vans, try all the facilities, including the bed and washroom for size.
- Think seriously about payload. The weight of all the people, equipment and accessories in and on the ‘van will use up chunks of it.
- Have your fully loaded motorhome weighed at a public weighbridge so you know you are not over the motorhome’s documented maximum weight.
- Buy the smallest motorhome that meets your needs. As well as the camping, motorhoming is about being able to enjoy driving to as many places as possible.